Goals of the day:
- Keep on creating project in Alice 3
- Do workshop tutorials
- Lights, Camera, Action! Part 2: Light
- Scene Changes using a Lens Cap
- Changing Camera Views!
- Optional: Alice Pong, Space Man Sam: Grammar Mistakes, Treasure Hunt: A Click Adventure Game, Cooking Show
- Before the workshop: Review shark attack and astronaut
- Read a few papers
- Update the webpage
- Kept on creating project (entitled: Duke of Spades Garden of Gothic Teens) in Alice 3
- Constructed the set up and the first round of the game
- Topic-wise, I have covered most basic Alice 3 elements, plus: scoreboard, scene change, fade in and out, various controls in the scene board (e.g. click on a certain object event). I will develop design several missing pieces of the puzzle for the students to complete.
- Education-wise, the first round of this game could train students’ mental arithmetic ability. The next two rounds (for now) are target at history and foreign language.