Chief Resident Immersion Training CRIT
Welcome to the Duke Division of Geriatrics Chief Resident Immersion Training (CRIT) program in the Care of Older Adults.
Please save the dates of Saturday May 31st and Sunday June 1st, 2014 to attend the Chief Resident Immersion Training (CRIT) in the Care of Older Adults taking place at the Graylyn Estates in historic Winston-Salem, NC.
What is CRIT: The retreat program includes an unfolding interactive case divided into three modules following a geriatric patient from presentation in clinic to the emergency department to hospital discharge. Each module includes evidence-based mini-lectures on topics in geriatrics, small group interactive exercises, and seminars designed to enhance teaching and leadership skills. Each Chief Resident and Program Director also attends two consultation sessions to develop an action plan for a project. Social events are planned to foster relationships across specialties. Meals together, a cocktail hour and a constant changing of the participants in workgroups allows Chief Residents and Program Directors to get to know each other by name and connect in ways other than by only brief moments of professional collaboration in the hospital.
Chief residents completing CRIT emerge with new knowledge and skills in care of older adults, an increased ability to teach about geriatrics and improved leadership techniques required in their new roles. CRIT reinforces the importance of interdisciplinary collaboration in caring for older adults.
Aims of CRIT:
• To foster collaboration among disciplines in the management of complex older patients
• To incorporate geriatric principles into teaching and administrative roles as Chief Residents
• To develop leadership/teaching skills around the care of complex older patients
• To enhance leadership/teaching skills required in the Chief Resident Role
• To develop an achievable project related to resident education or patient care in Geriatrics to be carried out during the Chief Residency year
To register click here: CRIT Registration
Registration will close on Wednesday, May 1st, 2013. Please be sure to register prior to this date.
Sandhya Lagoo, MD
Heidi White, MD
The Duke Chief Resident Immersion Training (CRIT) is hosted by the Duke Geriatric Division with grant funding from the Hearst Foundation.