Mission: To foster a better understanding of the educational needs and capabilities of ALL gifted and talented children and youth.
Vision: AAGC envisions a society where gifted and talented children and their families have equal access to educational services and programs so that diversity and excellence within a global community is realized.
- Equal access to gifted education for all children
- Partnerships and communication with parents, educators, healthcare professionals and other stakeholders
- Developing the potential of all children through nurturing programs
- Research-verified curriculum and instructional strategies to support the academic success of all children
- Stay on top of emerging issues/trends and share critical information with the educational community
- Collaborate with partners to leverage our power and influence
- Increase the public’s awareness of our organization and role in the broader educational arena
- Develop and maintain a technological resources (website, webinar, Facebook) to maintain connectivity with students, parents, educators, and our advocates
- Seek partners to promote research and excellence in curriculum development
- Collaborate with local and national agencies to promote those educational initiatives aligned with this goal
- Establish and maintain an alliance of institutions of similar goals to improve students’ educational advancement
- Become an advocate for the state of North Carolina Education System
- Find new revenue streams to support its programs
- Serve as a clearinghouse of new ideas and discussion areas on how to improve the education of gifted and talented students
- Streamline our governance structure
- Use current and advanced technologies to promote its mission
- Increase the alignment of our work with the needs of our stakeholders, to include data management and administrative support
1. Our Compelling Goal for Leadership
AAGC is a recognized leader at the state, regional, and national levels in ensuring that a high quality and rigorous education is accessible to ALL gifted and talented children and youth.
2. Our Compelling Goal for Expertise and Excellence
AAGC is a trusted resource for information pertaining to ensuring gifted and talented children and youth gain ACCESS to appropriate education programs and services.
3. Our Compelling Goal for Organizational Effectiveness
AAGC has the resources to effectively address the organization’s mission and respond to future opportunities.