Changes to schedule
Some responses to x7: Strunk and Not-Strunk
- Lia, untitled (Joseph Nye and Levitt & Dubner)
- Alex, “Offbeat Tweets” (John Mayer and Kanye West)
- Kate, “Function and Form” (Christopher Hitchens and David Foster Wallace)
- How does the writer define an alternative style to Strunk & White?
- How is the alternative exemplified in the passages cited?
- How is the alternative enacted in the writer’s own prose?
Link of Zen
Springsteen talks about his influences at SXSW 2012
- Wed, 3/21, class: Read Fish, pp.1-88.
- Mon. 3/26, class: Find examples of subordinating and additive styles. Read Winston Weathers (in Class Readings).
- Tues, 3/27, 9:00 am: Post x8 to Dropbox.
- Wed, 3/28, class: Identify texts for e2.