We welcome inquiries from anyone who is interested in joining the lab as a postdoc and who has or is developing proposal ideas for independent postdoc funding. See external funding mechanisms below. Such inquiries should be directed to Jen (j.wernegreen [at] duke.edu) and include the funding sources you are pursuing, an outline of your proposal ideas, and your CV.
external support for postdoc fellowships:
Any candidate for a postdoc position in the lab (even if that position is supported by funds from lab grants or Duke resources), should explore their eligibility for individual postdoc fellowships from NSF, NIH, other federal agencies, and private organizations. Examples of these mechanisms are listed below.
- NSF postdoc fellowships, All
- NSF postdoc fellowships, Biology
- NIH’s NSRA Individual Fellowships (see F32)
- Some additional sources of postdoc support are listed on this NSF page.
- Duke websites that include postdoc funding opportunities: ORS website, and Funding Opportunities website.
- This Brandeis lab website maintains a great list.
Postdoc candidates who are eligible to apply for an NSF or NIH fellowship should plan to develop (and ideally submit) their proposal before joining the lab.