About this Blog

Header photograph by Brazilian Photographer Andre Cherri, used with permission. Visit his flickr site for more of his photographs.

This blog was founded by Professor Laurent Dubois as a place for commentators, including students in the Duke University class “World Cup and World Politics” to post thoughts, musings, rants, links, etc. related to the history and politics of soccer. Since 2009, Professor Dubois has continued to edit the site as in order to host ongoing discussions about the culture and politics surrounding the global game.

Current contributors in the Fall of 2013 include students enrolled in the course “Soccer Politics,” taught by Laurent Dubois and Achille Mbembe.

The “Soccer Politics Essays” are web pages constructed by Duke University students in the “World Cup and World Politics” class in the Fall of 2009.

We welcome your comments!

To read about the 2009 visit of Lilian Thuram to Duke, click here.

To see an interview with Professor Dubois from Duke’s online office hours, click here.

To learn about his book Soccer Empire, click here or below.

To hear an interview about Soccer Empire on BBC’s The World, click here.

To purchase the book at amazon, click here.

This page has the following sub pages.

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “About this Blog”

1.   World Footballon 07 Sep 2011 at 11:20 am 1

A fantastic blog! Recommended by Game Intelligence.

2.   Rafael Chaveroon 09 Jan 2012 at 6:58 pm 2

I am a Duke Law School LL.M (1998) from Venezuela. I am the Executive President of Deportivo Petare FC, a first division soccer team (currently at 3° place). I just found out about this blog and I will follow it. Please let me know if you need any help or information from Venezuela’n soccer.
    Regards,
    RCH

3.   Naija Soccer Talkon 10 Sep 2013 at 11:39 am 3

Great blog indeed, am from Nigeria, this my first time here, and will like to follow the blog, also let me know if you need or info about soccer in Nigeria
    http://www.naijasoccertalk.blogspot.com/

4.   Habib Faruk Himelon 04 Mar 2014 at 4:16 am 4

Hmm. Great blog. Thanks to Professor Laurent Dubois for making this soccer politics blog. This will help all people who have eagerness in talking about soccer politics

2014 FIFA World Cup Blog:-
    http://www.fifaworldcup2014livestream.com/

5.   Maizupathon 16 Apr 2014 at 6:12 am 5

Nice blog Professor Laurent Dubois. You have done a great job by creating this soccer politics blog. I’m in and will wait for any update in the future.

6.   Best Soccer Cleatson 04 Jun 2014 at 12:24 am 6

Kudos to Professor Laurent Dubois for creating such a wonderful resource. I came to know about soccer politics which is totally new for me. So as people says, politics all around. Will follow the blog and updates.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS