Oh Zlatan

By | April 15, 2016

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, hes big, hes fast, and had a little cannon mounted on his foot, if you look close you can see it. Currently he is the forward for Paris Saint-Germain and he is very good at it.

zlatan-ibrahimovic-sweden

Born in Sweden Zlatan grew up as a “bicycle thief and a school bully” until he realized how talented he was at soccer. At the age of 18 Zlatan played his first professional game for Malmö FF. Since then hes been on AFC Ajax, Juventus F.C. when they fixed a few matches, Inter Milan, F.C. Barcelona, and a few other clubs before landing in Paris Saint-Germain in 2012 [i] where he was the Ligue 1 top scorer for the 2012-13 season. However, that’s not what I want to talk about. Zlatan is as crazy off the pitch as he his good while playing. I don’t think he should be institutionalize, but he just says amazing things to people and will just beat up on his teammates.

Here are some of my favorite quotes I’v found. I’m sure there are many more gems out there.

John Carew said that some of Zlatan’s skills were pointless so Zlatan said “what Carew can do with a football, I can do with an orange.”

Once Zlatan was asked what he was going to get his wife if she already has everything, he replied “nothing. She already has Zlatan.” #savage

Once Zlatan’s sexuality was questions by a female reporter, he calmly told her to “Come to my house baby, ill show you who’s gay, and bring your sister.”

According to Zlatan you could put him anywhere on the field and he would be the best player because “a good player can play anywhere.”

If you were unaware, Zlatan is a god.

Reporter: “who will win the world cup play off?”

Zlatan: “only God knows.”

Reporter: “it’s kind of hard to find him.”

Zlatan: “why? You’re looking at him”

Rafael van der Vaart once accused Zlatan of intentionally injuring him, to witch, Zlatan responded, “ I didn’t injure you on purpose and you know that. If you accuse me again I’ll break both your legs and this time it will be on purpose.” #savage

I heard once that Zlatan has a picture of dirty feet hanging on his wall. When asked why he said “those feet paid for this house.” The man hung a picture of his own dirty feet on his wall! You can’t ask for anything better than that.

A reporter once asked him about the cuts on his face and how he got them, Zlatan told the reporter to ask his wife about it.

Zlatan was asked who the most attractive woman in the world was and he said “I don’t know, but when I find her, I will date her.”

According to Zlatan, Zlatan introduced Zlatan to his teammates at Ajax by saying “I am Zlatan… who the hell are you?”

Zlatan draws his strength from his hair, that’s why he likes it long.

These are just a few of the reasons why I think Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the coolest guy in soccer. However, there are those who think that Zlatan should be more of a sportsman. What do you thing about his antics? How do you feel about many people’s role mottle acting this way?

references

“Zlatan Ibrahimovic.” Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2016.

WeTalkFootball. “Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Quotes, Interviews, Fights.” YouTube. YouTube, 13 Apr. 2013. Web. 10 Apr. 2016.

The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group, n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2016.

4 thoughts on “Oh Zlatan

1. Dominic Elzner

I remember one quote that Zlatan said earlier this year. He was asked about his future with Paris Saint-Germain. He said he planned on not being back next season, but added this gem at the end of his quote: “I don’t believe they can change the Eiffel Tower for my statue, even the people behind the club. But if they can, I will stay here — I promise you.”

Some people find that comment funny. I find it arrogant and unnecessary. As a professional, it is my opinion that you should not talk about your future while still on your club—now that he said he won’t be back, there is a possibility that his teammates will stop playing for him, and the team could struggle as the season moves forward. I feel the same way about when he acts arrogant to reporters, because reporters in the future tend to not take him seriously, and try to get these fake responses out of him to make headlines and gain clicks on their articles.

Zlatan is a tremendous player, one of the best alive right now. However, I feel that he could be so much more mature off the court, and if he is, he will gain more and more respect as time goes on.

Reply
  2. Patrick He

Here’s a couple more amazing and ridiculous quotes from Zlatan (from http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/zlatan-ibrahimovic-quotes-best-outspoken-5180054):

Reporter: “You’ve got some scars on your face, Zlatan. What has happened?”
    Zlatan: “Well…I don’t know…you’ll have to ask your wife about that”

“Arsene Wenger asked me to have a trial with Arsenal when I was 17. I turned it down. Zlatan doesn’t do auditions.”

“We are looking for an apartment (in Paris), if we do not find anything, then we will just buy a hotel.”

For all the craziness of Zlatan, though, one thing I found really touching is that he tattooed (though temporary) the names of 50 hungry people that receive assistance from the UN World Food Programme in order to show his support for those in need. He ended up showing them while celebrating a goal he scored against Caen by taking his shirt off. In a press conference, he stated, “I have supporters all over the world. From now on I want this support to go to the people who suffer from hunger, they are the real champions. So whenever you hear my name, you will think of their names.”

Reply
  3. Shaker Samman

One of the best Ibra stories around has to do with how he purchased his house — a pink mansion in the center of Malmo, Sweden. Zlatan had passed by a few times, and took a liking to the home. He asked a friend to set up a lunch with the owners. After weeks of refusals to sell by the tenants, Ibra took a direct approach.

He turned to one of the owners and said, “You’re living in my house. How much will it cost you to leave my house?”

The deal was settled that day.

Because the homeowners’ association would not let him construct 10 foot walls around his property to keep out paparazzi, Ibra did what any logical millionaire would do, and dug his home down, into the earth. Once it was completed, he invited his friends over to see his new castle, where he hung the aforementioned picture of his own feet.

Reply