Recruitment 2014

Recruitment 2014

Ubuntu is a group of interesting and dynamic people. We are friends. We are supporters. We are pushers and challengers.

As a community, Ubuntu is committed to furthering conversations about the state of engagement in the world. We have conversations about poverty, women’s empowerment, and service on a consistent basis. We have conversations about the state of politics, Duke, and ourselves. We are a living group at heart. We hang out together. We watch movies, go to each other’s performances, and take care of each other. We enjoy getting riled up about social causes over potlucks as much as we love midnight adventures to the quarry or partying our courtyard.

You should join us if you want to be around people with interesting and diverse interests. You should join us if you want to have stimulating conversations and be challenged about your opinions. You should join us if you want to have a group of really fantastic friends who care and support you. You should join us if you want to challenge your conceptions of the world, of Duke, of yourself. You should join us if you want to reach the full potential of your character.

Recruitment will begin after Winter Break in January.

Open House – Ubuntu Common Room (215 Alexander B)
8-10PM // January 8th and 9th, 2014

Sign up here to get important updates and info :P
Recruitment 2014 listserv sign up

ubuntuCalPicLike us on Facebook:

Ubuntu Rush 2014

Andrew Method

Andrew

Hey guys, my name is Andrew Method. I was born and raised in Park City, UT, and I’m a sophomore majoring in Biomedical Engineering. I love the snow, skiing, golfing, hiking, being outdoors, etc. I also really love driving, so if you see me cruisin around campus in my British racing green (yes, that is actually the color of my car, and yes I expect everyone to know the exact color) Mini Cooper with white racing stripes, feel free to wave. I’m a proud black-tenting member in Das Boot, I’m pretty involved with Catholic Center activities on campus, and I try to get out to the golf course to hit on the range or play a round every now and then. I can’t wait to meet everyone and get to know some of you! Happy rush!