Our Section

Ubuntu is located on Duke’s Central Campus at 209 and 215 Alexander and 1708 Pace. Located right next to the Alexander bus stop, look for the big Ubuntu sign!

View Larger Map

The two-story, courtyard layout is great for group living, whether we’re yelling down to the common room or throwing a party. In addition to the 27 apartments that house our members, we have a custom-built common room at 215 Alexander B. Our common room is a modified suite where we watch movies, host events, or study. We’ve outfitted it with ample furniture and a mini-library of books and movies. The “quad” between our three buildings boasts amenities such as a grill, several picnic tables, our huge swinging bench (you can see it from space!), and a sledding hill out back.

Apartments are either studio, single bedroom, or two bedroom with two occupants each. These include a full kitchen (oven, stove, refrigerator), private bathroom (shower/bath), and balcony. Hammock not included. Don’t sweat, we’ve got individual AC and heating control. Ubus make each space their own. We paint and decorate our apartments how we like, with plenty of space to live in. Just like real people!

As a central residence, Mill Village is close by. It’s a two-minute walk to the Devil’s Bistro, Uncle Harry’s General Store, the Central Campus pool, playing fields and more. E-prints and laundry units are right across the street and behind 215, close enough for you to walk there in slippers and boxers. Also, the Alexander Avenue bus stop is less than 30 seconds away — enough said. We also claim three parking lots right next to the buildings for easy access and parking. Additionally, the Bull City Connector has a stop right at our corner! Access to Durham is easy. 9th Street businesses, Sam’s Quick Shop, and Whole Foods are just right down the street.

Come check out our section! We’d be happy to give you a tour in person.

Henry Camp

Henry

Hey y’all, my name’s Henry Camp, but most people just call me Henry. I was born n raised in Charleston, South Carolina, and I’m studying mechanical engineering with a potential minor (or double major????) in earth and ocean sciences. I get really excited about my dog, Chewie, and going/talking about/watching videos of climbing and surfing, and most kinds of outdoor activities in general tend to get me jazzed. I’m also really into learning about people, making new friends, loving my friends, and feeling loved. If you were hoping that I had more passions, you’re in luck! I dig ice cream (teehee get it? like dig with a spoon!), beautiful weather, listening to music, playing music (typically on the guitar though I can be minorly flexible as long as your expectations are low), and discussion with the philosophical Jeremy Fox about how philosophy is bunk. I love Ubuntu because of hyperlinked GIF’s and getting to live in apartments. But not because of the people. Deeeeeeeeeefinitely not the people. Srsly they’re lyk da wurst ppl evr.

Reach out to me! Or else………………………………………………….I’ll reach out to you!