Our Section

Ubuntu is located on Duke’s Central Campus at 209 and 215 Alexander and 1708 Pace. Located right next to the Alexander bus stop, look for the big Ubuntu sign!

View Larger Map

The two-story, courtyard layout is great for group living, whether we’re yelling down to the common room or throwing a party. In addition to the 27 apartments that house our members, we have a custom-built common room at 215 Alexander B. Our common room is a modified suite where we watch movies, host events, or study. We’ve outfitted it with ample furniture and a mini-library of books, movies, and an Xbox One. The “quad” between our three buildings boasts amenities such as a grill, several picnic tables, our huge swinging bench (you can see it from space!), and a sledding hill out back.

Apartments are either studio, single bedroom, or two bedroom with two occupants each. These include a full kitchen (oven, stove, refrigerator), private bathroom (shower/bath), and balcony. Hammock not included. Don’t sweat, we’ve got individual AC and heating control. Ubus make each space their own. We paint and decorate our apartments how we like, with plenty of space to live in. Just like real people!

As a central residence, Mill Village is close by. It’s a two-minute walk to the Devil’s Bistro, Uncle Harry’s General Store, the Central Campus pool, playing fields and more. E-prints and laundry units are right across the street and behind 215, close enough for you to walk there in slippers and boxers. Also, the Alexander Avenue bus stop is less than 30 seconds away — enough said. We also claim three parking lots right next to the buildings for easy access and parking. Additionally, the Bull City Connector has a stop right at our corner! Access to Durham is easy. 9th Street businesses, Sam’s Quick Shop, and Whole Foods are just right down the street.

Come check out our section! We’d be happy to give you a tour in person.

George Smith

10899757_817368891668519_1758633623_n

My name is George Smith. I’m from New Orleans, and I am exceptionally bad at submitting things on time, especially descriptions for rush pages. Douglas Adams once said, “I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.” This basically describes my life. When I’m not missing deadlines, I can be found backpacking, eating whatever Leslie Niiro just baked, or aspiring to be an astronaut. Also be my friend chilluns. I want all the friends.