Meet the Ubus

SENIORS

Anna Marie Keppel Benson                                     

JUNIORS

badass                             

SOPHOMORES

ALUM

1398510_10152337317438009_1954349190_o

Katie Michaela Becker

katieBecker
Hey y’all! My name is Katie Becker and I’m a junior from Seattle, WA (…okay, I’m actually from Bellevue, WA, which is across the lake, but Seattle sounds cooler). I’m studying psychology with a certificate in Child Policy Research. I just got back from spending a semester studying, travelling, and trolling around Central America. Studying abroad was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, but I’m super psyched to get back to Duke and see all my Ubus (and to have reliable electricity and hot water…that’ll be nice too).

I’m involved in Chorale, Presbyterian Campus Ministry, and WHO, among other things. I also work as a research assistant at the Dan Ariely Center for Advanced Hindsight. In my free time, I like to rock out to Taylor Swift, hit up Shooters, follow the 2016 presidential election, and talk about third wave feminism.

I joined Ubuntu last year – as a sophomore – and this community has meant a great deal to me. I’m excited to meet a new class of rushees and, rest assured, I remember very well how it feels to be on the other side.