Hello!

My name is Jennifer, and I am a senior majoring in Evolutionary Anthropology and minoring in Biology and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies (Chinese Literature track). I am from Indiana, Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania has a lot of weird towns named after other states) which is about an hour and a half from the great city of bridges, Pittsburgh. At Duke, I play the violin in the Duke Symphony Orchestra (singing to orchestra music in the car is one of my favorite things to do!…as well as singing to all kinds of other music even though I’m terrible with lyrics), and I am involved with Duke Public Health Brigades.

Ubuntu is full of truly wonderful people. When I went to the open house and started talking to the members, I enjoyed the conversations so much that two and a half hours passed in what felt like fifteen minutes! Everyone is so welcoming and has so many exciting stories and interests to share! I am so happy to be a part of Ubuntu, and I hope anyone reading this (if you aren’t already in Ubuntu) considers rushing!

Last semester, I studied at the University of Auckland in New Zealand. After Duke, I plan to work somewhere during my gap year before medical school.  If you have any questions or just want to talk about anything, please hit me up! My email is jjh67@duke.edu.