Emerson

I, Emerson Lovell, am a junior from Harlem, NY. I am a History and Political Science major. I am the President of the Kappa Omicron Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. I am also a member of the Duke Club Volleyball team, Black Student Alliance, Students of the Caribbean Association, Black Pre-law Association and a Mary Lou Intern for the Mary Lou Williams Center for Black Culture. I love to be around people and have fun. I believe fostering relationships with others is the greatest power we have as humans. I love to play basketball, pick up football, chess, mlabalaba (South African War Game), and soccer. My favorite sports teams are the NY Giants (championship coming in 2016 just wait on it), NY Rangers (Henrik Lundqvist is the best goalkeeper in the league hands down), NY Yankees (Core Four fan for life!!!!), Miami Heat (D-Wade is the third best 2-guard in history and I stand by that wholeheartedly!), and Real Madrid (Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale, Ramos and Rodriguez how can you not like this team?). My favorite food is pancakes, they make me way too happy and I was slightly addicted for 14 years, however on campus Pitchforks is my favorite food joint because of those Thai Chili wings!! I don’t like books but if I had to choose a favorite one it would have to be Great Gatsby (Jay Gatsby is the epitome of perseverance lets be real here people). Favorite Video Game is Fable, lets you be a little good and a little bad, however, my favorite system is the Nintendo Game Boy hands down but you should keep them up if you want to play since its a handheld system.