Greenpeace Layer

By Caroline Rodriguez

Greenpeace is an organization that uses non-violent confrontation to raise awareness to the public about environmental issues. The international organization fights to save the planet from any type of environmental destruction (http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/about). The organization has similar goals for the Google Earth layer. This layer was created to educate the public about environmental issues and raise awareness about the location of these problems.

In order to access this layer, open Google Earth and click on the layers tab on the left side. Finally, the layer can be found underneath the “Global Awareness” tab. After selecting the box next to the Greenpeace layer, small Greenpeace symbols will appear across the globe.

The Greenpeace layer icon

The layer shows the specific location of certain environmental problems. Some of these problems include destruction of the rainforest, places with high greenhouse emissions, destruction of marine life habitats, and sites of overfishing. It also gives a description of the issue and links where you can learn more as well as links where you can get involved.

Screen Shot of a Pop-Out Box

The example provided above is a pop-out about the Amazon and how the rain forests are being destroyed. The problem is described in detail and a picture is shown along with links to get involved and help with the issue. For more information about Greenpeace or its projects, visit their website.

3 comments to Greenpeace Layer

• Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I locate It truly helpful & it helped me out considerably. I hope to give something back and aid other people like you helped me.

• Maintain up the fantastic work , I read couple of weblog posts on this internet site and I believe that your website is real intriguing and has bands of very good information .

• I discovered your website site online and check numerous of your early posts. Maintain on the top notch operate. I just now additional your Feed to my MSN News Reader. Searching for forward to reading considerably more from you discovering out later on!?I am often to blogging and i genuinely appreciate your articles. The write-up has truly peaks my interest. My goal is to bookmark your site and maintain checking choosing details.