In the beginning …
In April 2007, members of the OIT/ASTS Council suggested creating an event to bring Duke’s IT professionals together to share ideas and experiences, learn from each other and celebrate accomplishments—perhaps recurring in future years and growing to include participation by IT staff from other universities. The idea was approved, funds were allocated, and the project that would become TechExpo 2007 shot forward at light speed.
Past directors include William (Bill) Hansley of DHTS in 2009, Wayne Miller with the Law School in 2008 and Susan Gerbeth-Jones with the Nicholas School of the Environment in 2007. To view past years’ archives, see:
This year’s slate of committee volunteers includes staff from DHTS, OIT, Computer Stores, Student Affairs and more.
La Donna Worrell, DHTS
- Steve O’Donnell, Chair, OIT News & Information
- Fred Westbrook, Duke Radiology MSK Library and Duke Chapel Media
- Sabrina Australie, Chair, Continuing Studies
- Matt Royal, Chair, OIT
- Angie Alston, Financial Services
- DeAnna Hall, OIT
- Randy Lopez, DHTS
- Jim Rigney, Chair, Duke Computer Store
- Linda Thomas, DHTS
- David Tremmel, Arts and Sciences
- Lisa Phillips, Chair, DHTS