Many thanks to all the speakers and participants of the Duke conference on Probability Theory and Combinatorial Optimization. Your presence helped us have a great meeting! Thank you so much for attending!
We are extremely excited to announce a conference on Probability Theory and Combinatorial Optimization that will take place at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business on Saturday March 14 and Sunday March 15, 2015.
The conference will provide an opportunity to honor J. Michael Steele’s contributions to probability theory and combinatorial optimization in occasion of his 65th birthday.
Happy Pi-Day!! The conference will begin on 3/14/15, a special day that matches the first five digits of Pi. During the first talk, at 9:26:53 AM we will be matching the first 10 digits of Pi!
- David Aldous (University of California, Berkeley)
- Sourav Chatterjee (Stanford University)
- James A. Fill (The Johns Hopkins University)
- David Gamarnik (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Gábor Lugosi (Pompeu Fabra University)
- Alexander (Sasha) Rakhlin (University of Pennsylvania)
- Sneha Subramanian (University of California, Irvine)
- Ruth J. Williams (University of California, San Diego)
- Joseph E. Yukich (Lehigh University)
- and… J. Michael Steele (University of Pennsylvania)
We gratefully acknowledge the support from our sponsors and co-sponsors:
- The National Science Foundation
- The Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University
- The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
Contact Info: Alessandro Arlotto, firstname.lastname@example.org