Data Analysis with JMP® Statistical Discovery Software
– Free Workshop with Pizza Lunch –
Tuesday, May 15th from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 pm
Fuqua School of Business, R.J. Reynolds Auditorium – Room W120
Register Online at the following URL – http://www.jmp.com/workshops/duke
A challenge to many students in applied statistics courses is getting from concept to effective application. While most statistics software requires the user to memorize where techniques and graphics are located on menus, JMP® provides a smart interface that reinforces concepts and provides an intuitive framework for real-world data analysis.
JMP provides the complete spectrum of statistics and graphics for engineering, science and business needs – from basic analytics to the most complex analyses a Ph.D. student may encounter. JMP runs on Windows and Macintosh operating systems and also functions as an easy, point-and-click interface to SAS where the user can create, run or access SAS Programs and data.
JMP is visual and interactive. It drives you through statistics using point, click, drag, and drop, and then displays results as statistics and multiple graphs in the same window. You can easily subset, perform subsequent analyses, and create 3D and moving graphics to help understand the results of your analyses.
- Navigating JMP and using its smart, graphical interface
- Data Visualization, including mapping, Graph Builder, and the Data Filter
- Analyzing Data in JMP: Basic tests, Anova, regression, and multivariate analysis
- JMP Integration with SAS, R and Excel
- Other topics of interest (upon request), including Design of Experiments (DOE), quality, data mining, mixed models, repeated measures, and time series.
- New features in JMP 10 & JMP Pro: Bootstrapping, Application and Add-In Builder and more.
- JMP Academic Resources