by MPS Consultant Kevin Wu
Believe it or not, this is one of the most frequent questions I get at the MPS lab. Although this may seem like a simple question, you’ll get my respect if you ask me because switching from a PC to a Mac, this was something I struggled with, so here goes.
1. Make sure there is a DVD inside the DVD drive.
2. Push and hold the eject button located on the top row of the keyboard – highlighted below. If you are using an older keyboard, it may be found all the way on the top right of the keyboard, above the number pad.
3. That should be it.
4. If this does not work, contact a MPS Staffer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or try one of the Advanced techniques .
Advanced DVD Ejection 101
If the DVD ejection method above did not work, here are a couple of other things to try.
1. Make sure the DVD is not being used. Go to apple->Force Quit any applications that the DVD may be using. Then push and hold eject button.
2. Open Disk Utility (in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder), select the disc, and choose File > Eject.
3. Restart the Computer while holding the mouse button down and try again.