- Zephyr Frank from Stanford Spatial History Lab to Speak at Duke 02/20/2013
Reading 100 Plays at the Same Time: Encounters as Micronetworks in Literature
Department of History
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
12:00 – 1:15PM
Smith Warehouse – Bay 4, C105 “Garage”
Erving Goffman used the language of theater, and a close analysis of what happens on stage, to generate a theory of social experience. This paper adopts Goffman’s approach, based on elementary “strips” ...
- ‘Reacting to the Past’ Comes to Duke University The FHI GreaterThanGames Lab just successfully co-sponsored a regional Reacting to the Past conference January 19-20, 2013. Visiting Fellow Adeline Koh wrote up her experiences at a similar event for the Chronicle of Higher Education’s ProfHacker column – and we knew GTG had to experience this live role-playing game experience on site.
Conference participants learned about ...
- Speculation ARG Featured in Duke News! The GreaterThanGames Lab sponsored ARG, Speculation, was recently featured in Duke News. Check it out – and congratulations to the team!
- Hybrid Pedagogy Event: Mon, 11/12/2012, 130-3pm Join Us!
Digital Pedagogy, Play, and Mass Collaboration
Monday, November 12, 2012 – 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Jesse Stommel and Pete Rorabaugh
Co-sponsored by GreaterThanGames, Information Science + Information Studies, and the PhD Lab in Digital Knowledge
Please join us for an event on MOOCs (Massively Open Online Courses) and play in education with Pete Rorabaugh (English, Georgia State University; @allistelling) ...
- Role Playing Game Night at Duke! Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Location: Biddle Rare Book Room
Contact Information: Will Hansen, 919-660-5958 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Is studying for finals stressing you out? Or do you need a break from hectic holiday shopping? Please join the staff of the Rubenstein Library to for a night of fun and games to celebrate the opening for ...
- Spring 2012 Workshops DATES AND TIMES TBA unless otherwise noted.
iApp programming (Wednesday nights; independent study options available)
Spring “critical” play group: pick a game, have someone introduce it, and then go!
Game design – modding board games; white papers – 101 board game recipes for inspiration
Unity 3D (short session)
Arduino (short session)
DIY videogame ...
- Upcoming Speaker: Mobile App Developer Matt Bischoff Mobile Application Development
Matthew Bischoff, Lickability.net
7 December 2011, Noon – 1:30PM
FHI “Garage” (Bay 4, Downstairs, Room C105)
Lunch will be served
Please join us for a lunchtime conversation at Noon, Wed, Dec 7 in the FHI Garage in Smith Warehouse Bay 4 with Mobile App Developer Matt Bischoff of lickability.net. Matt has been a successful independent ...
- The Digital Muse: The Internet, Social Media, and Contemporary Poetics on 11/11/11 Special Panel and Exhibit at the One Makes Many Colloquium in the Smith Warehouse, Bay 4, C105 “Garage” on Friday, November 11, 2011
2:45-4:15 The Digital Muse: The Internet, Social Media, and Contemporary Poetics
w/ Steve Roggenbuck, Dan Anderson, and Bill Seaman (Moderator: Patrick Herron)
Exhibit of featured speakers’ digital poetry work opens in the GreaterThanGames Lab (FHI ...
- Visiting Artist Tamiko Thiel 10/3 The MFA in Experimental and Documentary Arts invites you to meet pioneering Augmented Reality artist,
Artist Talk and Reception
Monday, October 3
FHI Garage – C105, Bay 4, 1st Floor, Smith Warehouse
Internationally exhibited new media artist Tamiko Thiel is interested in developing the dramatic and narrative capabilities of interactive 3D virtual reality as a medium for ...
- GreaterThanGames Game Night -POSTPONED! Due to numerous scheduling conflicts among our Lab members and affiliates, and the fact that we haven’t yet received and/or set up all our gaming equipment just yet, we are POSTPONING the GreaterThanGames Lab game night we had originally planned for this evening. We anticipate rescheduling for late September/early October when we have had time ...