r12: Final drafts, presentations, and arcade
Workshops: Second drafts
- Main text: Fuss the details. Tweak specific phrasings, images, scenes, etc.
- Transitions between elements
- Establishing frames and context
Send me an email. What questions or worries do you have about your project at this point? How can I help? If you’d like to meet to talk, suggest a time on Thursday between 10–12 or 2–4.
- Tues, 4/24, 2:00 pm: Post r12, with a link to the final draft of your digital essay, to this site.
- Tues, 4/24, class: Be ready to present your digital essay in 3–4 minutes (or less). Bring your laptop to class for our digital arcade
r10: Writing Digital Culture
Workshops: Draft One, Digital Essays
- Distribute overviews with comments
- Summarize responses
- What are your plans? What are your questions?
- How do you respond to what the other readers have said?
- How do you respond to the author’s questions?
- How can you add to the comments you’ve already offered?
Post-Workshop Revising Plan
Please write me a brief email (email@example.com) in which you:
- Summarize the responses you received;
- Outline your current plans for this piece;
- Tell me what sort of feedback you’d like from me at this point.
My response to your first draft will take the form of a response to this revising plan, so please make it as detailed and pointed as you can.
- Tues, 4/10, 9:00 am: Post r10 to this site
- Fri, 4/13, 9:00 am: Digital essay, draft 2, full, posted to Dropbox
Let me know if you’d like to set up a conference to talk about your digital essay!