Information for VITA Volunteers
Get ready to do clients’ taxes!
- Make sure you have passed the VITA basic and advanced exams and returned the signed Standards of Conduct Agreement to Kim Burrucker.
- Make sure your copy of Taxwise has been properly set up with defaults.
- Review your training materials, including your “Quick Reference Guide” which provides site dates, time, location and directions.
Why Volunteer with VITA!
- Learn to prepare taxes using free IRS e-file software: No math necessary. The software does all of the calculations.
- High impact volunteer work: Put thousands of dollars back in the pockets of Durham’s low-income families.
- Volunteer late January through early April.
- Join one of the most popular pro bono programs at Duke Law!