Careers in Corporate Law Speaker Series
Panel 2: Regulatory/Compliance
Monday, November 17, 12:30 PM
Come learn about the role of regulatory and compliance attorneys, the type of clients they work with, and their role in corporate transactions.
Mr. O’Shea is a Principal at Promontory Financial Group in Washington, D.C. Tim assists with corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and risk management, with a focus on clients regulated by the Securities and Exchange commission.
Lucy Chang is an attorney at the Legal Division of the Board of Governors at the Federal Reserve System—Banking Regulation and Policy. Before receiving a J.D./M.A. Economics from Duke in 2012, Lucy Chang spent six years working at Morgan Stanley in its Fixed Income and Global Capital Markets Divisions. After clerking for the Honorable Legrome D. Davis of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania upon her graduation from Duke, Ms. Chang joined the Legal Division of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. There, Ms. Chang works in the Banking Regulation and Policy section.
Mr. Lybecker is a partner in Perkins Coie’s Business practice in Washington, D.C. Martin serves as counsel to investment companies and their independent directors, investment advisers, broker-dealers, depository institutions and their holding companies, insurance companies, and several financial services trade associations.
Moderated by Professor Lawrence Baxter.
More information about the panel can be found here.
- Today's panel on Regulatory Compliance features experts from @PromontoryFG, @federalreserve, and @PerkinsCoieLLP! https://t.co/guy9dnBven, Nov 17
- Thank you to our #PrivateEquity panelists from @smithlaw, @WeilGotshal, #debevoiseplimpton, and #ropesgray! http://t.co/saKTtJja91, Nov 11
- Curious about #PrivateEquity? Learn more tomorrow from our panel of leading attorneys at @smithlaw, @WeilGotshal, #ropesgray, and #debevoise, Nov 10
- Looking forward to our #PrivateEquity event tomorrow at #DukeLaw! http://t.co/oZJuDr9jYt, Nov 10
- Please join us tomorrow for a special discussion with @JanetCowell, Treasurer of North Carolina. http://t.co/PzVcHKuYDO, Oct 22
- Careers in Corporate Law: Private Equity (November 10, 2014, 12:30) October 26, 2014
- Student Registration Now Open for the 2014 ESQ Career Symposium January 21, 2014
- Introducing the 2014 ESQ Keynote Speaker: Christine Richards January 21, 2014
- 2014 ESQ Alumni Attendees January 21, 2014
- 2014 ESQ Schedule January 21, 2014