Duke University hosted a symposium yesterday highlighting the research of several students pertaining to cookstoves. The symposium was coordinated by Dr. Subhrendu Pattanayak. Scientists and policy makers from the EPA Research Triangle Park, RTI International, NCSU, and Duke attended.
- Program evaluation and expansion recommendations for the Partnership for Clean Indoor Air (PCIA), by Julie Colvin & Elise Vergnano (MEM, Duke)
- Determinants of Stove Adoption and Fuel Switching: A Systematic Review, by Jessica J. Lewis (MSPH, Duke)
- Policy implications of “energy poverty” of the poor in India, by Rajeev Kumar (MEM, Duke)
- Household Determinants and Respiratory Health Impacts of Fuel Switching in Indonesia, by Jesse Lamarre-Vincent (MPP, Duke)
- The past, present, and future of improved cookstove projects, by Akhilesh Khopkar (MS, NCSU)
Thank you to all who attended!