There is no shortage of public debate about for-profit higher education today. Here we have collected some of what we consider the most salient pieces, both research and popular press, about for-profit colleges. The list is on-going so do check back often.
1. “A New Classification Scheme for For-Profit Institutions”, IHEP, 2012
2. “For-Profit Student Heterogeneity”, Anna Chung, 2008
3. Online Education is Real Education, Nathan Jurgenson, 2012
4. For-profit higher education: Growth, innovation, and regulation. Bennett, Lucchesi, Vedder, 2012.
5. ” FOR PROFIT HIGHER EDUCATION: The Failure to Safeguard the Federal Investment and Ensure Student Success” prepared by the COMMITTEE ON HEALTH, EDUCATION, LABOR, AND PENSIONS UNITED STATES SENATE
6. For Profit Colleges and Universities – Issues and Concerns ; LibGuide from Governor’s University
7. New Players, Different Game: Understanding the Rise of for-Profit Colleges and Universities. Tierney, William G., and Guilbert C. Hentschke
8. From Main Street to Wall Street; the transformation of for-profit higher education; Kevin Kinser
9. Renewing The Commitment; Sara Goldrick-Rab
10. For-Profit Colleges, Race, Class, and Education Justice; Tressie McMillan-Cottom
11. Parthenon Perspectives: The Role of Community and Private Sector Colleges in Job Training
12. The Labor Market Returns to a For-Profit College Education
13. Predatory Ed: The Conflict Between Public Good and For-Profit Education; Osamudia Jones
14. DeVry Comments on Strategic Growth Opportunities in Brazil